Happy Thursday! Last Thursday, was Thanksgiving.. aka the best holiday besides Christmas. Before my roommates left for their families, we had a friendsgiving (missed everything I made? Check it out here). I tried to incorporate a lot of new dishes this year, specifically vegan friendly dishes. Living in Oregon has proven to be just as easy to be a vegan as all the sterotypes say. I always try to prove people wrong when they say "vegan food is not as good" or "vegan food is gross".
So, when I tell you this vegan stuffing was AMAZING, I'm not lying. My boyfriend is one of those that doesn't like vegan food, but he ate clean off his plate.
- 1 loaf of bread (I used sourdough because that is my ish)
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs vegan butter
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup carrots
- 3/4 cup celery
- 3 1/2 cup vegetable broth or water
- 1 flax egg (1 tbs flaxseed meal + 2 1/2 tbs water)
- 3 tbs sage
- 1 tbs parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cube your bread and soak bread overnight, if you don't you can heat it in the oven for 20 minutes at 400 degrees
- Cook your onions, celery, and carrots in a pan until translucent (soft)
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Line a baking dish with either tinfoil or spray with cooking oil
- Add broth to the bowl with the bread and then add remaining ingredients
- Mix them all together. If the bread is too wet add more bread, if it is too dry add more broth
- Transfer the mixture to the pan and cook for 45 minutes with the top covered
- Increase the heat to 400 degrees, take off the tinfoil and let brown for 15 minutes
- Let cool before serving
This dish would be perfect, and was perfect, with sweet potato mashed potatoes. Look for that recipe next on the blog!
Until next time,
Try this new vegan spin on your favorite pesto sauce!
A favorite breakfast food guaranteed to make your mouth water!
Homemade pumpkin sauce will change how you eat your pasta in the fall!
My first ever healthy recipe blog, coming back to the blog for yesterday's taco tuesday!
Sweet potatoes make the world go round!