Crockpot: Sweet Potato Soup
If you're anything like me, you bow down to the crock pot! My Friday's usually start at 9:00 AM and I do not really have free time to cook dinner. So I loveeeee to just through random crap into a crock pot and hope it turns out!
I am in full on soup mode, and I am always ecstatic when I can find new ways to incorporate sweet potato in my diet. Imagine my excitement when I figured out I could combine my two favorite things: sweet potato and soup. Seriously, my mouth is watering just thinking about it again.
I cook for my roommates (housewife probs), and they are both vegan so feel free to change anything and substitute things!
- 2 large sweet potatoes, chopped
- 1 zuchinni, chopped
- 1 butternut squash, chopped
- 1 handful of baby carrots
- 2 cups vegtable broth
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 tbs oregeno
- 1 tbs red pepper flakes
- 1 tbs pepper
- 1 tbs salt
- 4 tbs chili powder
- 1 tbs onion powder (I did not have an actual onion, so I had to substituted)
- 1 tbs garlic (minced)
- Chop your veggies
- Measure out your liquids
- Measure out your spices
- Throw everything into the crock pot
- Cook on high for four hours, or on low for six hours
- With 30 minutes, stir in the coconut milk
- Place soup in a high speed blender to puree the soup
- Cook for an additional 10 minutes
- Add salt and pepper to taste
I promise you will love this recipe, if you like soup and sweet potatoes. Enjoy!
Until next time